Here at RBS we are excited to offer the midwifery model of care in our prenatal care for families and individuals on the Colorado Eastern Plains. These individualized prenatal care appointments can be held in either of our clinics, in Colorado Springs or in Limon. As strong proponents of the autonomy of a pregnant person, much time during these appointments is dedicated toward educating and informing families to make the best decisions for their perinatal care.
Prenatal care appointments are scheduled every four weeks until 28 weeks gestation, then every two weeks until your home visit at 36 weeks. From then on, appointments are booked weekly until your labor begins!
Every prenatal visit includes the following:
- Around-the-clock phone support
- Standard labwork (2 blood draws only are required for care--checking for anemia and liver function)
- 20-week ultrasound referral
- 28-week antibody screening for Rh- mothers/RhoGam if desired
- Full assessment of vital signs and mom's emotional well-being
- Fetal assessment that includes baby's position, fundal height, fetal heart beat, and fetal movement
- Nutritional counseling
- Glucose risk assessment and screening, if desired
- Group B Strep screening, if desired
- Community referrals